Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Health insurance cover whilst riding on a motorcycle?

Does anyone have any personal recommendations for health insurance (with a reputable company) that includes cover whilst riding on a motorcycle? I see AIA don't cover at all and BUPA is only 50% and limited at THB 200,000. And has anyone claimed with the company after a motorcycle accident? I don't mean add-on insurance with bank accounts or credit cards etc., I mean full cover policies.

BUPA paid my bill after a motorcycle accident-50,000 THB, I am on a group policy from my job so it covers everything

I think only international expat health insurance offers decent coverage like getting into the millions of baht. All of the Thai insurers seem to have a maximum of a few hundred thousand which for me, just doesn't seem worth it.

Do you pay for the international insurer from within Thailand or from another (i.e. your home) country?

Bupa has a platinum plan as well. it covers until 1, 2 or 5 million baht depends which package you choose

Quote from NigelG on November 16, 2018, 12:28 pm

Bupa has a platinum plan as well. it covers until 1, 2 or 5 million baht depends which package you choose

Major exclusions of the Platinum Plan: "For losses arising whilst driving or riding as a passenger on a motorcycle only 50% of the benefit will be paid and not more than 200,000 baht."

So from what I am reading here there seems not to be very good insurance in BKK and I am guess they do not work with American Insurance Companies and you are on your own dealing with your own American Insurance!!

You are right Bupa doesnt fully cover motorcycle accidents. you've to pay a bit extra to your standard insurance, then you can cover medical expenses with Bupa after a motorcycle accident up to 10 Mill Baht.

I see many people who crash scooters in Phuket, I think its too dangerous for tourist to rent and ride any type of motorcycle in Thailand.